An online community for gourmet and specialty food retailers.

Welcome to Fancy Food & Culinary Products' blog, your place to read reviews of the great fancy and gourmet products we find in the marketplace.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Editor's Choice: Two Leaves and a Bud


I’ll admit it: I’m a sucker for cute packaging. So when we received a box of adorably packaged tea by Two Leaves and a Bud, I couldn’t help but grab a few packets. Not wanting to immediately ruin the cute wrapper that encased the tea bags, I kept the packets in my pantry for the perfect time to savor a mug of tea. It turns out I didn’t have to wait very long. The minute I felt myself coming down with a case of the sniffles, I knew a steamy cup of tea would be the perfect antidote.

I could barely wait the recommended four-minute steeping time before taking my first sip of the Organic White Peony blend. The taste was delicate and sweet, but with enough flavor to take the tea a step above my usual Earl Grey. I added a splash of honey to soothe my throat, and as it turns out, the tea was just what the doctor ordered.

I had intended to save my second packet of tea for a later use, but I found myself steeping another cup. This time, an organic chamomile, which was a more gentle, balanced tea that would be a great non-caffeinated nightcap or the perfect addition to an evening spent snuggled with a book and oversized armchair.

—Melody