An online community for gourmet and specialty food retailers.

Welcome to Fancy Food & Culinary Products' blog, your place to read reviews of the great fancy and gourmet products we find in the marketplace.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Editor's Choice: Snikiddy

It seems that we've been getting loads of candy in the office recently. Not that I'm complaining; I have a bigger sweet tooth than Willy Wonka. But after a while, the guilt starts to set in. In the midst of developing a plan to abolish my sweet tooth, we received a bag of Snikiddy Baked Fries. After one salty bite, I could care less about the remaining truffles patiently awaiting consumption at my desk.

Snikiddy's mission to create all-natural products makes the company stand out in a world chock-full of snack goods. The Baked Fries are gluten- and wheat-free, made without preservatives and corn syrup and have 50-percent less fat than regular potato chips. We received the Sea Salt and Barbecue flavors, but Snikiddy offers several others, including Original, Classic Ketchup, Southwest Cheddar, Bold Buffalo and more. In addition, the company also sells a line of cheese puffs with flavors like Grilled Cheese and Mac 'n Cheese.

The salty, crisp fries have a crunch more similar to potato chips than French fries. I was happy to know that my hand wasn't covered in grease after just a few bites. Best of all, my 3 p.m. snack didn't leave me with a sugar rush. Snikiddy products may sound more like an after-school snack, but trust us when we say they appeal to the salt-loving adults in all of us.

—Melody