An online community for gourmet and specialty food retailers.

Welcome to Fancy Food & Culinary Products' blog, your place to read reviews of the great fancy and gourmet products we find in the marketplace.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Editor's Choice: Naturally More

Like many people, I try to eat healthy, but I have to admit “taste” usually trumps “good for you.” That’s why, when the sample jar of Naturally More arrived in the mail, I was interested. I read that it was peanut butter fortified with flax seed, flax seed oil and other nutrients. Since I have been spreading peanut butter on my “healthy” morning bagel anyway, I decided to take it home and give it a try. I stirred it up as directed and put in the refrigerator. Next morning was the try-out -- again, remembering it was good for me. Imagine my pleasant surprise to see how easily it spread on the bagel. One of the ingredients is egg whites, which may that has something to do with it. So far so good. Then the first taste -- another pleasant surprise. It has a creamy texture, not at all gritty, and a good peanut flavor. I guess all the good Omega-3 and Omega-6 essential fatty acids it contains don’t affect the taste.

I bet this would be good on all kinds of toasted breads, on waffles, on a variety of crackers, and, of course, as part of a P & J sandwich. It is also shown as an alternative to cream cheese for filling traditional celery stick appetizers.
As I said, something good for you that tastes good.

Naturally More is made in the U.S. by SNACLite LLC (www.peanutsnack.com)

-Barbara