An online community for gourmet and specialty food retailers.

Welcome to Fancy Food & Culinary Products' blog, your place to read reviews of the great fancy and gourmet products we find in the marketplace.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Winter Fancy Food Show update 1/19

It was another busy day at the show today!

I stopped in at Torn Ranch (www.tornranch.com) (booth 737) to see what Rich had going on, and he showed me the newly reintroduced Mashuga Nuts line, with its brand new packaging. Right now the hot item at Torn Ranch is the Dark Chocolate Caramel with Sea Salt.

I passed Bella Vita Bags (www.bellavitabags.com) (booth 559) and spotted this great little wine caddy (no pun intended), which would be perfect for a Father's Day gift of dad's favorite wine. Company owner Marisa China was also displaying a purse bag, a bag that would fit the bottle horizontally, with a cut-out handle for a fashionable way to give the gift of wine to a favorite diva.

I was making my way through the booths in the South Hall, and who should I see at the Magic Seasoning Blends (www.chefpaul.com) booth (3007) but Chef Paul Prudhomme himself. He was gracious enough to have his picture taken for a celebrity-studded Have We Caught Your Fancy edition. Look for his new Magic Shrimp Seasoning blend in our February issue's Made for the Grill feature. The other new Magic Seasoning Blend in the company's extensive lineup includes Magic Sweetie Blend, which is a blend of sugar and spices created to enhance anything from cereal to coffee or tea.


I stopped by the Gia Russa (www.giarussa.com) booth (4312) to see if I could sample the new sauces they were offering in conjunction with Mario Batali, and found a crowd clustered around the booth. Mario Batali was sitting there, in the booth! He was in the middle of a business discussion, so I decided I could be patient and meet him later this evening at the post-show event Gia Russa was sponsoring. My patience was rewarded because not only did I get to try the excellent new sauces, I also got to meet Mario himself! He was also kind enough to pose for a Have We Caught Your Fancy shot. Thanks, Mario!



Stay tuned, readers, I've got more to share with you!
Stephanie