An online community for gourmet and specialty food retailers.

Welcome to Fancy Food & Culinary Products' blog, your place to read reviews of the great fancy and gourmet products we find in the marketplace.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Editor's Choice: Rosanna Inc.'s Cake Pedestal


I love to entertain. And after the lengthy holiday season, when all my friends have returned to the city, my husband and I regularly throw bashes at our home. Most recently, we hosted a slew of guest during our Oscars’ viewing. And, I was lucky enough to receive a small, Rosanna cake platter just before the event. As I’m sure you’ve noticed, this isn’t going to be a typical editor’s choice pick (note that I’m not rambling about my incessant eating habits). This week, I’ve selected a product with a wide range of uses that’s perfect for entertaining.

I have long been obsessed with Rosanna Inc.’s fashionable tabletop products. The company’s dessert plates are the perfect size and come in a wide array of patterns that range from festive to creative. However, what I’ve really been coveting are the company’s simplistically beautiful cake pedestals and domes. These come in a wide range of sizes and hues. As an avid baker, I imagine having an assortment of varying sizes on display. They are perfect for clusters of cupcakes, a tiered cake or even jumbles of cookies. Recently, I was able to use the Les Petite Sweets Large Compote as the carrier for small macaroons. However, it could just as easily be a pedestal for cookies or a candy dish. The pedestal measures 5.75-inches high by 5 inches wide by 2.25-inches deep.

For retailers, these platters, trays and pedestals would make a clever display in the front of your store. Or, combine with other baking supplies for an inspired “gift basket.” Regardless of how they’re used, the cake trays from Rosanna Inc. are a welcome addition to my entertaining repartee.

~Cathryn