An online community for gourmet and specialty food retailers.

Welcome to Fancy Food & Culinary Products' blog, your place to read reviews of the great fancy and gourmet products we find in the marketplace.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Editor's Choice: Fusion Gourmet




I came to appreciate the wonders of coffee at an early age. I remember going with my grandma and mom to visit our aunts where coffee and…. was part of the day. I was allowed to have a little bit of coffee in a cup of milk.You might say, it was my first cafĂ© au lait.


As an adult, a cup of coffee is part of my morning ritual and especially appreciated after dinner when I'm dining out.

That’s why I was intrigued by a sample packet of Bali’s Best Coffee Candy from Fusion Gourmet (fusiongourmet.com). The small, hard candies have captured goodness of coffee in one drop. It tastes just like you have had a sip of a rich coffee. The full flavor is very satisfying.

The Espresso Candy delivers more of a punch, but with none of the bitterness you sometimes get. And, lastly, I enjoyed the Latte flavor. This one brought that full, comforting flavor that I have grown to love.

Besides the flavors, one of the great things about these wrapped candies is you can carry them anyway. You can have the great taste of a bit of coffee wherever you go.

For retailers, I can see these coffee candies included in a coffee gift basket or part of a sophisticated sweets basket or display.

And for the tea drinkers, there is also Bali’s best Tea Candy. It is offered in several flavors, including Citrus Green Tea and Classic Iced Tea.

Barbara