An online community for gourmet and specialty food retailers.

Welcome to Fancy Food & Culinary Products' blog, your place to read reviews of the great fancy and gourmet products we find in the marketplace.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Editor's Pick: Renfro Froods

With the hope of success and the Depression a recent memory, Mrs. Renfro’s was started in 1940 by George and Arthirine Renfro. Its first collection was a line of syrups which received positive feedback. The company then moved onto jellies, preserves and vinegar. Their business continued as the Renfro company expanded its line of production. 
The world of salsa is constantly growing with introductions of different flavors being offered. Normally I stick to one kind of mild salsa, but after finding all that it has to offer, how can I? I recently tried Mrs. Renfro's Peach Salsa. Initially, I had my reservations about it because of the peach addition, but I was completely wrong. The sweet flavor blends well the other spices that are included. It's one of the salsas that introduced me to a flavor I never knew existed. It’s a mild sauce that has a smooth texture and luscious in taste due to the spice flavor and the hint of sweetness the peach flavor offers.   
The experience didn’t stop there. I got a little adventurous and decided to try the Raspberry Chipotle Salsa as well. It's a bit sweeter due to the fact that the raspberry doesn’t sit under the spices. The raspberry is an innovative addition with chipotle and is a combination that I never would have thought was so complementary.