An online community for gourmet and specialty food retailers.

Welcome to Fancy Food & Culinary Products' blog, your place to read reviews of the great fancy and gourmet products we find in the marketplace.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Editor's Choice: Cypress Grove Chevre

I try not to choose award-winning products for my editor's choice. Not because I don't think they're good, but because if they've recently won an award from, say the American Cheese Society or the National Association of Specialty Food Trade, chances are you'd already know about it. That being said, I chose Cypress Grove Chevre's Truffle Tremor as my editor's choice this week (even though it took home a Sofi Gold award at this year's Summer Fancy Food Show) simply because I can't stop thinking about it. The smooth, velvety goat cheese starts out just as you would expect, and finishes with the earthiness from the truffle (and this isn't just truffle flavoring or truffle oil -- you can actually see pieces of truffle in the cheese).

The cheesemakers at Cypress Grove Chevre recommend pairing the cheese straight with a dry white wine, or adding a thin layer over mashed potatoes and parsnips. Personally, I can't wait to try it with pesto and tomatoes as a flatbread pizza.

For the cheese connoisseur who is looking for something a little different, this is definitely a cheese I would recommend!

Stephanie