An online community for gourmet and specialty food retailers.

Welcome to Fancy Food & Culinary Products' blog, your place to read reviews of the great fancy and gourmet products we find in the marketplace.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Editor's Choice: Itzy Ritzy

I don't know what my carbon footprint is, I haven't purchased a hybrid car, and I don't have an urban chicken coop in my back yard. But I am a lot more conscious of my environmental impact now than I have ever been in the past. I am always looking for ways to create less waste (I've even got my family members to use totes when they grocery shop, rather than plastic bags). So I was excited to try out a Snack Happened reusable and washable snack bag when my coworker Mary received a sample.

These fun bags and other products from Itzy Ritzy (www.itzyritzy.com) are aimed at parents with small children, but while I have no children of my own, I do bring my own lunch to work, more often than not, and many of the bright patterns available would be just as at home in an adult lunch bag as it would a diaper bag or lunch box. The bags feature a lead-free zipper and are made of 100-percent cotton, with a waterproof interior lining -- no plastic to dry out and crack. Best of all, the bags are machine washable.

With bags like these, I can say good-bye to non-biodegradable plastic sandwich and snack bags!

-Stephanie