An online community for gourmet and specialty food retailers.

Welcome to Fancy Food & Culinary Products' blog, your place to read reviews of the great fancy and gourmet products we find in the marketplace.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Editor's Choice: H.K. Anderson


Although I like a variety of snack foods, I’ve always been partial to pretzels. I’m not sure why. I remember when I was growing up, we always had pretzels in the house. In any case, I’m always ready to try a good pretzel. So I gladly accepted the samples that were being handed out at a recent show.

It was a good call. H.K. Anderson (www.hk-anderson.com) Honey Wheat Braided Twists is a real find. When you bite into them, the pretzels are crisp, not very doughy. They say it has something to do with the way they are braided. The blend of the wheat and honey gives you a rich, mellow taste. They make a great, filling snack.

Although tasty on their own, I bet the pretzels would be good served alongside a variety of dips. I could also see them accompanying fall soups, such as pumpkin or squash. And, of course, they would be good alongside a favorite fall beverage.

For retailers, the pretzels come in a 10-oz. bag that has a cool black-and-white photo of the company’s old delivery trucks on the package. They definitely would stand out on the shelf.

-Barbara