An online community for gourmet and specialty food retailers.

Welcome to Fancy Food & Culinary Products' blog, your place to read reviews of the great fancy and gourmet products we find in the marketplace.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Editor's Choice: Robert Rothschild


It's hard to think of a better way to enjoy a bloody mary outside of a lazy, indulgent Sunday brunch. In fact, I rarely do. It's not exactly my Friday night drink-of-choice or even a regular happy hour indulgence. But when I saw that Robert Rothschild had transformed everyone's favorite liquid salad into a jarred dip, I knew I had to give it a try.

Whipping up a quick dinner, I spread a thin layer of the Bloody Mary Dip over a spinach tortilla and made a grilled chicken wrap. The zesty, tomato-infused flavor awakened my otherwise dull meal, and I was left wondering what other ways I could use this handy little dip. It would make an unexpected addition to a tray of chips and dip at a cocktail party or served alongside celery and carrots on a veggie platter. The dip could also be combined with sour cream to make a sauce for meat dishes, which would definitely spice up your Tuesday-night dinner.

Additionally, the Bloody Mary Dip makes a great hostess or housewarming gift. Combine a jar with Robert Rothschild Dirty Martini Dip, and you've got the best of happy hour in a gift bag.

—Melody