An online community for gourmet and specialty food retailers.

Welcome to Fancy Food & Culinary Products' blog, your place to read reviews of the great fancy and gourmet products we find in the marketplace.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Editor's Choice: Gimbal's Cinnamon Lovers

My dad always had candy hidden somewhere in the house. Growing up, I would often find it in strange places when I wasn't even looking for it (even though there were also plenty of times where I was looking for it). Coming upon a stash of chocolate bars or hard candy was cause for celebration. Eventually, my father gave up and just put everything in a cupboard above the microwave. To this day, I know that any time I come back home, there will be some kind of candy treat in that cupboard.

It was hard not to think of my dad and his love of candy as I walked around the Sweets & Snacks Expo, held here in Chicago a few weeks ago. It was fun to meet some of the people behind the sugary creations that I've enjoyed for most of my life. I was particularly pleased to get some of my dad's favorites, Cinnamon Lovers from Gimbal's Fine Candies. Admittedly, I used to try and eat as many of these at once as I could stand - they can get pretty hot. I know, I wasn't that smart. At least now I have reached the level of maturity (maybe) where I can enjoy them one at a time.

These candies are very addictive - they're soft, chewy, and bursting with flavor. The heat takes a few seconds to kick in. It's true when they say that the taste finishes with "hot, hot, hot!" The heart-shaped candies are made with real cinnamon oil, resulting in big time flavor.

If you're looking for a classic cinnamon candy to stock in your store, then you need to have Gimbal's Cinnamon Lovers. These handcrafted treats will tingle your senses and delight your taste buds. As a bonus, they contain no high fructose corn syrup, and are peanut free, gluten free, soy free and trans fat free.