An online community for gourmet and specialty food retailers.

Welcome to Fancy Food & Culinary Products' blog, your place to read reviews of the great fancy and gourmet products we find in the marketplace.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Editor's Choice: Mary's Gone Crackers




Maybe it’s the way I grew up, but I like to end a meal with dessert. It doesn’t have to be anything big or elaborate, but just a little something. Often, that little something is a cookie or two. But as we all know, cookies are also a great snack any time of day. My co-workers have been known to go on mid-day “cookie runs” to the fast food place across the street.

When it comes to cookies, I enjoy practically anything with chocolate. But I am also fond of Oatmeal Raisin. There’s something kind of homey about the chewy cookie. That’s why a sample I picked up at the Sweets and Snacks Expo really had me curious. It was a “N’Oatmeal” Raisin cookie from Mary’s Gone Crackers (marysgonecrackers.com), who also has a introduced a line of cookies.

The cookie was amazing. It was chewy and sweet with the same texture of a traditional oatmeal cookie, but it has no oats. I’m not sure how they do it, but the cookie had a rich flavor. The cookie is made with organic, gluten-free flour and is wheat free. It is perfect for people with food allergies. It also is vegan.

The cookies are also available in Chocolate Chip, Double Chocolate and Ginger Snaps. So now everyone can enjoy a little something whenever they want.


Barbara