An online community for gourmet and specialty food retailers.

Welcome to Fancy Food & Culinary Products' blog, your place to read reviews of the great fancy and gourmet products we find in the marketplace.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Editor’s Choice: Brianna’s Salad Dressings




Sometimes I crave the Far East flavor of my favorite restaurant, Benihana, but realistically I can’t always get there. So it was very fortunate that as I was doing my weekly grocery shopping I came across a bottle of Brianna’s Home Style Ginger Mandarin Dressing. The label said it was a balance of ginger, soy sauce and mandarin orange. Sounded like it would fit the bill! I couldn’t wait to try it out on a big green salad.

Oh my, this was right on target. The flavor was a sweet/tangy blend of seasoning that kept me coming back for more. And as the label suggested, I could definitely see this as a marinade for meats, vegetables or fish. The all-natural ingredients were evident in every bite; I felt like someone whipped this up in their kitchen especially for me. In fact, if I were blindfolded, I’m not sure I would even think this had come from a bottle.

Brianna’s makes lots of other dressings and now I’m excited to give those a try. I’m betting the Classic Buttermilk Ranch, Lively Lemon Tarragon or Chipotle Cheddar will make my boring weekly grocery trip something to look forward to in the near future.

Paula