An online community for gourmet and specialty food retailers.

Welcome to Fancy Food & Culinary Products' blog, your place to read reviews of the great fancy and gourmet products we find in the marketplace.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Editor's Choice: Ponderosa Roasting Coffee Company



Whether it’s with breakfast, an afternoon break or especially at the end of nice meal, like many people, I enjoy a good cup of coffee. And recently, I’ve been enjoying some great-tasting coffee. It’s the Pretty in Pink’s Beyond the Ribbon Blend from Ponderosa Roasting Coffee Company (ponderosaroasting.com). A package of it arrived in the office and a colleague of mine was gracious enough to share it with me.

The morning I tried the coffee, I was greeted with a rich full taste, with what I thought was a taste of chocolate. It turned out I was right. I read later the coffee does have hints of chocolate. The coffee even blended smoothly when I added a bit of soymilk. On the weekend, it made a great ending to a meal.

But this coffee is more than a pretty face. Ponderosa Roasting believes in helping people through its selected blends. In this case, it’s the Pretty in Pink’s Beyond the Ribbon Blend. The Pretty in Pink Foundation’s mission is to provide financial assistance to uninsured and underinsured breast cancer patients with quality, life-saving medical treatment regardless of their ability to pay. Ponderosa has pledged all dollar amounts over the cost of the coffee, bag, label and labor will go to the selected organization.

The coffee would also make a nice gift for someone or included as part of a gift basket. So there you have it, a coffee you can savor and feel good about buying on several levels.

Barbara