An online community for gourmet and specialty food retailers.

Welcome to Fancy Food & Culinary Products' blog, your place to read reviews of the great fancy and gourmet products we find in the marketplace.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Editor's Choice: Nonni's Food Company



Like most people, I like a variety of snacks — sometimes they are healthy, sometimes not so much. But every once in a while, my five year old self takes over and the one thing she wants is a cookie or maybe two or three.

Cookies are associated with happy memories. Most of us remember the wonderful smell of fresh baked cookies coming from the kitchen. One of my favorite cookies was the biscotti my Italian grandmother used to make. I remember, besides steeped in tradition, the biscotti had just enough crunch, with a rich flavor.

Which brings me to the subject of this week’s editor’s choice. Lately my kid self and my “grown-up” self have been quite content and Nonni’s  (nonnisfoods.com) Thinaddictives is the reason why.

The cookies are like thin biscotti. They are full of real ingredients such as almonds, raisins, dried cranberries and other good things. They are individually packaged in packs of two, low fat with only 100 calories, so I can have that second cookie. The crunchy almonds and fruit combine for a rich, satisfying snack. I could also see them at the end of a meal with coffee.

My favorite is the Cranberry Almond. The other flavors are Cinnamon Raisin Almond, and for variety Pistachio Almond. I’ve tried all three and all are tasty. The two-pack makes them great to take along and perfect to keep in my desk drawer.

For retailers, I could see them promoted as a snack alternative and also alongside coffee and tea. The colorful packages could also be part of gift baskets.

But for all of us, they are a way to make your inner-kid very happy.

Barbara