An online community for gourmet and specialty food retailers.

Welcome to Fancy Food & Culinary Products' blog, your place to read reviews of the great fancy and gourmet products we find in the marketplace.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The world's greatest travel mug

About a week after I came back from the NY NOW show, someone from Zak! Designs shipped me one of the company’s flagship Insulated Travel Tumblers. Unfortunately, the printing on the shipping label was degraded to the point where I couldn’t tell who sent it to me. So instead of a personal thank-you note, this post will have to do.

Dear Unknown Angel:

The Zak! Insulated Travel Tumbler is wonderful. It is ten thousand kinds of awesome. It is the greatest thing since sliced bread, Chinese checkers, and every other kind of applicable cliché.

The tumbler has the elegant simplicity and functionality of the very best designs. It’s a double-wall tumbler that holds about 1.5 cups of liquid, which is the perfect amount for my morning coffee.

I have a long commute, and if I don’t want to get up for work in the middle of the night, I have to pack my breakfast the night before and eat on the train. That means everything is either on my lap or on the floor. What I need in a travel beverage container is stability, absolute lack of leaks, and easy access to the contents.

The Insulated Travel Tumbler delivers all this perfectly. Press down on the top, and the tumbler is imperviously sealed. Pop the top back up with the push of a button, and you can sip your coffee through a perfectly vented hole in a top that’s tilted at just the right angle.

It’s lightweight, sleek and holds its temperature beautifully. It also comes with a screw-on infuser top for steeping loose tea (the only kind worth drinking).


My coffee habit is now safe. Thank you, Zak!