An online community for gourmet and specialty food retailers.

Welcome to Fancy Food & Culinary Products' blog, your place to read reviews of the great fancy and gourmet products we find in the marketplace.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Editor's Pick: Eda's Sugarfree

In 1958, Paul Lehman founded Eda’s, a candy company that caters to a diabetic’s sweet tooth. He opened his first candy shop in the Brooklyn Terminal Market. Throughout its many years of existence, the company has maintained the goal of making one of the best sugar free candies.

Candy is one of the many pleasures in life that I can enjoy with a limit, mainly due to the fact that it contains so much sugar. Eda’s premium hard candy allowed me to exceed that limit.


It’s exciting to know the variety of flavors this small bag of individually wrapped hard candy offers. My top three favorite flavors are strawberry, green apple, and blueberry. I love how the candy had a smooth texture even as it dissolved in my mouth. I also like how it wasn’t too sweet. That made it even more enjoyable.