An online community for gourmet and specialty food retailers.

Welcome to Fancy Food & Culinary Products' blog, your place to read reviews of the great fancy and gourmet products we find in the marketplace.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Editor’s Choice: Lid Pocket



This past week I had the pleasure of discovering the Lid Pocket when I used my slow cooker to make my St. Patrick’s Day dinner. I am a huge fan of slow cookers, because I love the convenience of throwing a variety of ingredients into a pot and arriving home to the wonderful aroma and the spectacular results of what turns out to be a delicious meal.

One problem with the slow cooker though, (at least mine, which is the large size) is that the lid often causes condensation that drips all over and makes a mess. And there’s not ever a convenient place to put it down. But the Lid Pocket holds the cover in place and out of the way, collecting condensation with its built-in reservoir. It also frees up your hands if you need to stir or add spices or ingredients.

The Lid Pocket is designed for use with nearly all slow cookers.  It fits the three-quart slow cookers all the way up to the large round and oval slow cookers. It is BPA-free, dishwasher safe and stores conveniently inside the slow cooker. I like that because space is always an issue inside my cabinets!

It’s a pretty clever concept that works like a charm. This would make a great hostess or shower gift.

Paula