An online community for gourmet and specialty food retailers.

Welcome to Fancy Food & Culinary Products' blog, your place to read reviews of the great fancy and gourmet products we find in the marketplace.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Editor’s Choice: PackIt


One dilemma I’ve faced quite often (and my children too) is how to pack a lunch and keep it cool for extended periods of time, especially when the weather gets real hot.  But now that I’ve tried the PackIt freezable lunch cooler that dilemma has been solved.

The PackIt freezable lunch cooler keeps food and drinks cold for up to 10 hours and the best part is you don’t need to add a messy ice pack. (There have been way too many times my kids have left the ice packs in their other lunch bags and they sweat and leak all over).

With the PackIt all I have to do is put it in the freezer overnight, remove it in the morning, pack it and it’s ready to go. I like the convenience and I feel better about how long it stays cold, especially sitting in a school locker or a hot car.

It also folds up to the size of a paperback book so it’s very compact in my freezer. The designs are pretty and creative as well. And the product is free of harmful chemicals and made with nontoxic food-save materials, so that is an additional benefit I would be looking for.

If you are like a lot of families who need to pack a lunch or snacks for work, school, activities or day trips, you should give the PackIt a try. The company also makes really cool wine chillers too.

Paula