An online community for gourmet and specialty food retailers.

Welcome to Fancy Food & Culinary Products' blog, your place to read reviews of the great fancy and gourmet products we find in the marketplace.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Editor’s Choice: Tribe


So much of eating and cooking has nothing to do with the food itself. I often enjoy the process of cooking and the conversation with my close friends as much as whatever it is I’m preparing. As a vegan, a lot of the memories I have of eating and enjoying food as a child center around foods I don’t eat as an adult. I don’t ever miss meat, but guilty pleasures like ice cream and pizza (or anything with cheese) are often missed.

When a container of Tribe Pizza Hummus arrived in the office, I was thrilled to dig in and enjoy pizza flavors once again. My coworkers and I gathered in the office kitchen to sample the snack, and we came to a conclusion: If you like pizza, you’ll love pizza hummus. My memory may have faded with time, but Tribe expertly captured the flavors of my favorite childhood food (I’m going to pretend I didn’t eat it for breakfast in college).

Simply stated, it is comfort food at its best. Natural, vegan, organic. I love all these qualities in food, but you don’t often find organic and pizza in the same prepackaged food. During the office tasting, I ate more pizza hummus than I care to admit, but I’m not really surprised. I’ve always been a fan of Tribe hummus. I love the bold step they take in creating new flavors and unusual ingredient combinations. And seriously, who doesn’t love pizza?

Learn more about Tribe and it’s hummus online at www.tribehummus.com.

-Mary