An online community for gourmet and specialty food retailers.

Welcome to Fancy Food & Culinary Products' blog, your place to read reviews of the great fancy and gourmet products we find in the marketplace.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Editor’s Choice: Yogi Products

As you probably have gathered, I’m always on the lookout for something to snack on here at work. Usually it helps if it’s something you can eat while typing or shuffling through papers. So when my co-worker Ashley handed me the package of Yogi Granola Crisps (www.yogiproducts.com), I figured this could be a find. Turns out I was right. The flavor I tried was Baked Cinnamon Raisin. The first thing I noticed is that the crisps are bite-size, just right for snacking. They have a nice crunch. The taste reminded me of cinnamon graham crackers; it’s a little sweet, but not overly. It’s one of those tastes that make you smile. Now here’s the good part — the flakes are made with five ancient grains, including oats (always a plus), and are actually a healthy snack. There is all kinds of information on the package about what other good-for-you benefits they provide. Speaking of the package, it is resealable, so even if you’re inclined to eat half the bag, you can act like an adult and save it for another day.

And I’ve just discovered that the Crisps come in two other flavors, Fresh Strawberry Crunch and Mountain Blueberry Flax. Two more of my favorite flavors, so I’m off to the office kitchen to see if those packages are still there. A 10.4-oz. resealable bag has a suggested retail of $5.

-Barbara