An online community for gourmet and specialty food retailers.

Welcome to Fancy Food & Culinary Products' blog, your place to read reviews of the great fancy and gourmet products we find in the marketplace.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Editor's Choice: La Crema Roasting and Packaging

I start every single morning with coffee, and prefer to make a cup myself rather than stopping at Starbucks. I usually just reach for a blend from Trader Joe’s, but I love trying new coffees to liven up my morning.

At the Living and Giving Show at the Chicago Merchandise Mart this week, I picked up a pack of coffee from La Crema Roasting and Packaging, which is based in West Chester, OH. The Blah Blah Blend is part of La Crema’s Girlfriends line of coffee, which includes four blends flavored with chocolate, spices or nuts. The Blah Blah blend is flavored like a vanilla cupcake frosted with almond icing, and was great with just a splash of milk. I drink my coffee iced during the warmer months, and this blend translated well to an iced version. I never add sugar to coffee, and it was a nice change from my more bitter drinks to sip a coffee featuring hints of sweetness.

La Crema uses 100-percent Colombian coffee and packages the Girlfriends line in bright green, pink or black packaging with a café design on the front. It would be perfect as part of a brunch gift basket or to serve at a girls only shower or other event.

- Amy