An online community for gourmet and specialty food retailers.

Welcome to Fancy Food & Culinary Products' blog, your place to read reviews of the great fancy and gourmet products we find in the marketplace.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Editor's Choice: Aladdin

From the looks of Ashley's last Editor's Choice and previous Editor's Choice postings on tea and hot chocolate, one might begin to suspect that we like a good hot beverage around here. It could be the frigid temperature of our office in the afternoons (I'm wearing a scarf as I write this), but more likely I think the former is a bit more on the mark. High quality coffee, tea and hot chocolate are not a topic lost on the editors of Fancy Food, and high quality beverages are nothing less than deserving of a quality, chic ride to the office. I'll admit, not all of my travel mugs are what I would call chic, but that's why I liked Aladdin's new Artist Series when I saw it at the International Home & Housewares Show last month.

The collection features the work of six emerging artists from around the world in the form of an insulated travel mug and matching microwave-safe, 20-oz. insulated bowl. Shown at the top of this blog post is art by Portland, Oregon-native Amy Ruppel. Other artists in the collection hail from Barcelona, England and Tokyo. Each artist brings a different mood and personality to his or her creation, so the pieces have an individuality most lunch containers and coffee mugs just can't offer. In addition to being beautiful, the pieces are also quite functional. The coffee mug is dishwasher safe (YES!!!) and car-cup friendly while the bowl is microwave- and dishwasher-safe with a cool-touch exterior and an easy-grip twist-on lid. The collection should be available this spring, and I may just have to order a set myself!

You can see what else Aladdin's got by visiting www.aladdin-pmi.com.

-Stephanie